Some good news for sports.

I'm not a medical expert by any means but I think we can all use a dose of common sense and take a step back and calm down for a minute. First things first, wearing a mask while in crowded areas where staying 6 feet apart is not possible/practical is a good idea. I'm not going all in on Biden's moronic statement that face masks should be required in public across the US. That's dumb. My front yard is public and, if you tell me I need to wear a mask to walk to the mailbox and back, I will tell you to kick rocks. I'm also not going all in on the "wearing a mask is a violation of my rights" argument. You do have the right to refuse and you also have the right to live the rest of your life wondering if your the one that killed grandma. Also, you can refuse to wear a mask and Menards can refuse to let you in. That is not a violation of your rights, it is Menards exercising their right to refuse service. Get in line folks, it's not that complicated. Don't wear a mask everytime you step out of your house, do wear a mask when you go to crowded places full of people who are not part of your daily circle. Second, stop freaking out about the second wave. Yes, cases are going up. Testing is also going up. I disagree with how he said it, but when Trump said if we test less people there would be less total cases, he was not wrong. As I said before I am not a medical expert but I trust the CDC way more than any reporter's spin. If you go to the CDC monitoring website there is a lot of positive data. Hospitalization rate is at about .00098%. So, if everyone in the US got the virus at the same time about 323,000 people would require hospitalization. That is not a big number. Flatten the curve, like we have been doing, and the system can handle it. This chart is also very hopeful. The columns are tests and the lines are positive results. Number of tests is steadily climbing and positive result percentage declining. This is good. In summary, keep washing your hands, use common sense and wear a mask when appropriate, don't watch the news, and stay safe because if these numbers keep moving the same way we will see the Black and Gold murder some Cyclones this fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$1200 for 10 weeks

The 61 year old potato farmer that stunned the world.

B1G has cancelled football.