I'm tired boss....

So I am sitting here after an eventful weekend watching a fire and I'm tired. I am tired of people screaming about protesters. I am tired of my phone blowing up with news about what burned down. I am tired of looting. I am tired of people. I am tired of the "protesters are criminals" headlines. We are better than this folks. There are good people on both sides. (By both sides I mean looting vs don't, everyone should agree a homicide occurred.) The protests are being hijacked by people with a different agenda. The fact that a man was murdered is getting forgotten amidst a political agenda. Everyone needs to take a step back and breathe. Was a man murdered? Yes. Was this a result of a corrupt and broken system? Yes.  Does change need to occur? Yes. Does breaking car windows and dragging people out accomplish anything? No. Does burning down the 3rd Precinct in Minneapolis make a point? Maybe. Does burning down resturaunts? No. Keep protesting. Keep making sure no one forgets George Floyd. He deserves that. The shithead cop that murdered him needs to go to jail forever and then some. But please, break the cycle. Give me something good to read. Make news that makes me say "Fuck yeah, let's get justice" not "what is the point?" This whole situation has me torn, the system is broken and bad cops exist, but I need to believe that most cops are good or why are we not overthrowing the whole system? I don't know the answers but some thing needs to change. Stay safe folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$1200 for 10 weeks

The 61 year old potato farmer that stunned the world.

B1G has cancelled football.