Hypocrisy makes me mad

So, I got married last Saturday and that's why I haven't blogged in a bit. But now I'm back and irrationally angry again. NASCAR has banned the Confederate flag at all their events. BLM and their allies have praised this move. This makes me angry, not because I'm going to get on my soapbox and champion the Stars and Bars, but because of the hypocrisy. 

The same people that were irate about the NFL not supporting the player's 1st Amendment right to kneel during the anthem are the same ones celebrating NASCAR. The same people cheering the NFL censoring players are the ones angry about NASCAR. You can't have it both ways people. Either you are against corporate censorship or your for it. You can not support NASCAR'S decision banning to the Confederate flag and oppose the NFL not allowing players to kneel. You can not support the NFL requiring players to stand for the National Anthem and oppose NASCAR banning the Confederate flag. It is not a "heritage not hate" argument. It is not a disrespecting the veterans argument. It is a 1st Amendment fact. Either the 1st Amendment applies to people you disagree with or it doesn't. I'm a big believer in the middle ground (read some of my other blogs) but there isn't one here. Either you believe that Colin Kaepernick has the right to kneel during the anthem and NASCAR fans have the right to fly a Confederate flag or you don't. If you try to play both sides you are a hypocrite. Don't come at me with your arguments about the right/wrong of either position because it's irrelevant. Regardless of whether Kaepernick was right to kneel during the National Anthem, it was his right, guaranteed by the 1st Amendment, to do so. Regardless of whether flying the Confederate flag is a symbol of hate and racism, people have the right to do so. Censorship is wrong and should not be tolerated by either side. It doesn't matter if you agree with a particular point of view, we should be able to agree that, in America, you have the right to express that view however wrong it may be. Stay safe, listen to the CDC, and wash your hands because I need football this fall to distract me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$1200 for 10 weeks

The 61 year old potato farmer that stunned the world.

B1G has cancelled football.